Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where to start? Definitely NOT at the beginning...

Most of you probably know me already, so I won't take the time to introduce myself tonight. If I feel the need for introductions at a later point, I may go ahead and give the run-down of my likes and dislikes. But for now, I think I'll jump right into my life, and write about the details facebook won't allow me to elaborate on. That will give you a better glimpse of me than any list possibly could.

NCTC. This is my first semester there, and I'm not quite sure if I love it or hate it. I take three classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays - English Comp 1, with Dr. Franklin, US Government, with Professor Rollins, and American History, with Professor Thompson.

For tonight, I think describing my favorite class, English, will be enough.

English 1301 is literally a class full of punks. I'm talking nearly every kid in that class (there are about 25) has piercings and vibrantly-colored hair and tattoos and skinny jeans. And I hate to say it, but some of them aren't too bright. I could give several examples, but I will refrain for the privacy of the individuals.

Dr. Franklin is - let's face it - your typical crusty old gentleman-professor. He loves debate, and loves to make you feel stupid. But there's something about him I really like, something significant enough to keep me from writing him off my "favorite professor" list. He's almost completely deaf, and wears hearing aids...and he's an excellent lip-reader. Two weeks ago, Dr. Franklin accidentally left his hearing aids at home, and yet he was able to carry on a fully-normal conversation with everyone in the class. I was impressed.

I have a fairly-lengthy poetry analysis due by tomorrow, so I'm going to cut my thoughts short for tonight. Pity, because I have a lot I could write about. Expect to hear about my analysis.
Hasta la vista, bebe.

No comments:

Post a Comment